DX  » Community » Reviews » TrustFire Z1 Cree XP-E-Q5 3-Mode 280-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*CR123A/1*16340)
Sort by:
35 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7727 (77%)
  • 4 Star:207 (20%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:31 (3%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

97% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super bright and compact

posted by zramix on 04/13/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is one of the best little flashlights I've had. I got it because I wanted a 90º flashlight, and I liked the idea of something smaller than an AA flashlight. Since I already had some rechargeable C123a batteries I thought I'd try it out.
    Cons:
    There's not much wrong with this little flashlight, it gets hot when it's on in Hi mode for a while.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value for te money

posted by TOOCOOL on 01/24/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The switch is a little hard to push that's the way I like it for an EDC blinding strobe, nice white beam color, clip is very handy on an angle light. Very light weight. like the green switch cover and matching green O rings. Good quality reflector, led in t...
    Cons:
    It had a tiny scratch on the body, screws for clip are loose. Would have been nice if the threads had some lube on them.having ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice and compact small flashlight

posted by DavidRIngham on 01/20/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The button at the top is more convenient than one at the bottom, as other budget flashlights usually have. Light output is very good for a light this size in both total output and pattern. The memory avoids going through high mode, if one usually uses it ...
    Cons:
    The tail cap current of around two amps is high, indicating limited run time. The threads are triangular, rather than the sligh...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value, good build quality

posted by johnty on 11/09/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works great with a CR123A cell. Super bright. Light and compact package. Build quality is excellent
    Cons:
    none so far. I imagine battery life will be dependant on quality and capacity of the lithium cells used
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best small flashlight ever...

posted by ZakMk on 08/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    One of the best flashlights I ever had. Got 2 of them on different times. Using both of them for more than a year and no problem. Has a great throw but unscrew the lens cap and you have a great flood light. Great to use on a table while you're rolling. Re...
    Cons:
    Low mode is "blinky". Trying to look at a fast rotating like pc fan or dremel tip is very fun. Battery life is short ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Flashlight Deal Ever

posted by cah420 on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright, it produces the advirtised lumens Very small, it really fits in the palm of your hand Seems to be good quality materials and workmanship. The fit is tight and smooth, no burrs or rough threads.
    Cons:
    I haven't found any real downside yet, but I guess the unit could heat up because of its small size. I haven't left it on long...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Choice Clip Light

posted by KevinDunn on 04/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I bought 3 of these and after testing for a few days, shipped them to Marine buddies over seas. Small, Lightweight, but solid construction. i was looking for a compact bright CREE clip light that would offer hands free use without adding bulk. I sent 3 mode...
    Cons:
    For US customers, this 16340 battery is an odd ball... but it recharges fast and the charger is only $6 on DX.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little light!

posted by Charlesmichiels on 02/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Light is very small, it has not much weight and you can clip it easy to you sweater or to your jacket, but it is also small enough to put in you jeans! Light color is really white, and not blueish or yellowish. Batterys are nice and small.
    Cons:
    Light is empty very fast, can get a little warm (hot) You can loose it in a big toolbox! It uses a battery in 45 min. But these...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Long term report

posted by tsueako on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very useful form factor. Very reliable. It has not failed me yet.
    Cons:
    Glass lens broke when I put it in a pocket with keys. I cannot find a replacement lens. Flashlight still works however. I am...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great quality product

posted by AStrommen on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Feels sturdy and solid, and has a bright white light. Better light that i would have expected from such a small flashlight. The 90 degree angle and the clip on the back makes it appliclable everywhere around the house, as well as in the garage or workshop.
    Cons:
    Not really a con; green button feels a bit less sturdy than the rest of the flashlight.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections