DX  » Community » Reviews » Aluminum Alloy Touchpad Stylus Pen for Ipad - Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Decent, but could be better – Aluminum Alloy Touchpad Stylus Pen for iPad - Silver Reviews

posted by Kuroshima on 12/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It's a pogo stylus clone. It's cheap, and it's light. When properly used, the screen responds well. The tip is made of conductive foam so friction isn't much of an issue. Tested on an HTC Desire with screen protector
Cons:
While it's not madly made, it feels cheap. The foam at the tip seems like it's going to come out in a not so far future, and then you're left with a useless tube of aluminium. Also, it has a flat tip, instead of a round tip, that would be far more useful. Finally, the screen does not respond as well as it does to the finger. Sometimes you have to push a little into the screen, to compress the foam.
Other:
Bottomline:
I have had a PalmOs PDA of some sort for a long while, and I'm used to using the Graffiti imput method. When I got my Android phone, I loved it, but using a finger isn't that confortable. Now, with this stylus, it's much more bearable. Worth the (cheap) price

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections