DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.5" LCD Double Precision Portable Digital Electronic Weighting Hook Scale - Silver (45kg Max)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Pretty much what I expected – 1.5" LCD Double Precision Portable Digital Electronic Weighting Hook Scale - Silver (45kg Max) Reviews

posted by krs99 on 07/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Four digit display with better accuracy in the lower range which is exactly what I was looking for.
I believe this is the only type that DX sells (in silver and black) that has that feature.
Display is backlit which is nice - doesn't mention that in the DX product description - the unit also displays the temperature in degrees Celcius, another feature not mentioned.
Accuracy is reasonable - first thing I tested. The weight reading is roughly 1% high
Cons:
The English both on the box and in the little user pamphlet is hard or impossible to understand.
Basic functions are obvious, but the backlit display is either confusing or doesn't work right - it turns on and off essentially at random - not something one can control as far as I can see.
Other:
Great little unit.
A bit bigger than I had expected but seems to be well built
Bottomline:
If you need to weigh things up to 45kg but also want better resolution for lower weights, this is the one to get.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections