DX  » Community » Reviews » DS0201 2.8" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope V1.5 Complete Kits
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
useful, but challenging – DS0201 2.8" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope V1.5 Complete Kits Reviews

posted by penfield on 09/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Price, size, portability, firmware upgrade capability. The probe supplied is better than what some others supply.
Cons:
Frequency limitation, zero documentation included
Other:
As mentioned in the forum, the battery connector polarity was wrong. The USB cable was defective. It powered the device, but USB communication would not work. Another cable worked fixed the problem. Check the forum for help on obtaining documentation and firmware upgrades. The unit I received had "Paul's firmware 1.5.20b" installed which many regard as excellent. You will have to chase around the web for hints and helps, but it is a very useful gadget. It is my only oscilloscope and it is helping me diagnose some vehicle instrumentation problems that fortunately are well within its frequency capability. With a micro SD card, you can store waveforms although it can't create new files. You have to pre-load properly sized and named files on the card beforehand.
Bottomline:
It works! It's useful for my needs.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections