Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
* Much easier to use (wiring and heatsinking) than 30 x 1W LED, 10 x 3W LED, or such.
* DX now has drivers to support, such as sku.42746.
* DX has a couple of reflectors to support, such as sku.39963.
* Emitters are spaced out for good heat distribution to the plate.
* I had at least one string of LEDs that had a "dud" (see pictures).
* Value is no longer very good compared to other options that are becoming available, such as sku.66382.
I used 3 of these in series, with a dimmable driver (purchased elsewhere). I had to dim down to ~700mA (32W total) to get a similar amount of usable light as the previous 80W fluorescent fixture.
My experience with this type of emitter has been good overall. As noted, there are now better options in terms of value ($/Watt).
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.