DX  » Community » Reviews » USB + AC Charger/Adapters for HTC DESIRE G7 (EU Plug/100~240V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Feels well-built, but may stress the USB-connector – USB + AC Charger/Adapters for HTC DESIRE G7 (EU Plug/100~240V) Reviews

posted by gijsnoorlander on 08/28/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- feels well-built - European power-plug - 1000mA charger (charges the HTC Desire faster than on the USB-connector alone)
Cons:
There is one major design-flaw. The cradle is probably intended to be used for more models than the HTC Desire. This results in the lack of mechanical support of the HTC Desire. When inserted, the back of the phone does not rest on anything, meaning the entire weight is carried only by the micro-USB-socket. Not only the weight, but the phone also leans to the back, which may cause some extra (mechanical) stress on the connector inside the phone.
Other:
I'll advice to place some layers of tape on the inside of the cradle to support the weight of the phone. Otherwise there might be too much stress on the USB connector, which may lead to defects in the future. Perhaps also the cradle could be a bit taller for better support of the phone. I find it a bit strange the charger is equipped with the mini-USB connector and the (data) USB-cable is fixed. Perhaps a micro-USB-connector on the charger would be making more sense.
Bottomline:
As a desk-charger it is fine, but I wouldn't advise using it without some modifications, otherwise the micro-USB-connector of the phone may break.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections