DX  » Community » Reviews » 5-Pin Mini USB Converter Adapter for Iphone 2G/3G - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
It works with iPhone 4 and regular mini USB cable – 5-Pin Mini USB Converter Adapter for iPhone 2G/3G - Black Reviews

posted by MacKen on 09/13/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Have a bunch of mini USB (USB A to mini) cables lying around the house. God knows where and when I got them from; probably from spending too much money on electronics. Anyway, got two of these dongle and tried synching with my iPhone 4 to an iMac. The green battery icon came on immediately and the tiny charging 'battery' icon showed charging. Then I synch with iTunes and it worked like a champ. I'll probably order a few more. I appreciate the two 'squeeze' buttons to disengage the pair of locking pins on either side. No pushing or pulling.
Cons:
Not yet. Maybe waiting a couple of weeks is trying but then I realize they were coming from, you guess it, China. So, all's well that ends well. Thanks, dealExtreme!
Other:
Bottomline:
If you got several USB A to mini USD cables lying around get a few of these. Beats paying $19.95 for an Apple docking cable. Sorry, Apple! ;)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections