Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Cool blue glow. Light is uniformly bright across the entire surface and, being electroluminescent, is truly omnidirectional.
- Good and flexible, can be sewn into fabric (Tron costume!)
- 12V inverter can be powered from a small 23A battery.
- Transformer is fairly bulky, but I believe this is necessary to drive the EL wire.
- Not really a con, but it would be nice to have an SKU with a 3V inverter so we could run these off two AA batteries.
I bought three of these to get 9 metres. All three work fine. When driven from a small 23A battery, the inevitable squeal from the inverter is barely audiable. It might be louder if connected to a car alternator.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.