DX  » Community » Reviews » Trekking and Nordic Walking Pole with 9-LED Flashlight (Black)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Sturdy and cheap – Trekking and Nordic Walking Pole with 9-LED Flashlight (Black) Reviews

posted by magullu on 04/09/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Cheap and sturdy. I compare it with similar (in the non-pro segment) from sports stores and find no quality difference. Antishock, four sections, good foam grip below the T grip. The ligth is a plus for nearly no more money than the other pole without it.
Cons:
The light seems worse quality than the pole itself. I has no on-off button, you just have to screw in stronger to switch it on.
Uses button cells instead of the more common AA or AAA batteries.
No way to turn off the anti-shock system.
Other:
I still have not tried it in real walking, as I ordered it in advance for summertime kowing the stocking problems that sometimes happen with DX and the very long delivery time it takes to my country.
I thought the light was a plus, as I'm not intending to walk in nightime. Now I regret a bit not have ordered the stick without light, as it can give more problems than solve: break, loosen, ...
Bottomline:
I recommend to buy it, but think if you really want that light or prefer a pole you can mistreat carelessly.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections