DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini 1.3" LCD Digital InfraRed Thermometer with LED White Light (-50'~260'C/2*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Nice thermometer, good repeatibility and accuracy – Mini 1.3" LCD Digital InfraRed Thermometer with LED White Light (-50'~260'C/2*AAA) Reviews

posted by finjaskafin on 11/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Good size, easy to use, provides quite accurate results with good repeatability. - LCD has a backlight and there is also a LED to help aim the measurement. These help in dark places. - Nice finish: has a rubbery feel to it, so won't slip off your hands so easily. - The reading stays on screen for some time after measurement. - Measurement scale starts from -50 degrees Centigrade, not 0. - Supplied with above-average English instructions.
Cons:
- Would be nice if the measurement scale could reach higher, say up to +300 degrees Centigrade. - Price could be a bit lower, but the quality is ok for the price I guess.
Other:
Tested my own body temperature and is sufficiently close to a Braun infra-red thermometer. I mainly use this to measure the temperature on my wood oven after heating. Will also try this during winter for various things.
Bottomline:
Nice gadget to have, if you need to measure the temperature of various items.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections