DX  » Community » Reviews » 22.5W Waterproof RGB 150x5050 SMD LED Multicolored Light Strip (5-Meter/DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap but still great – Waterproof RGB 150x5050 SMD LED Multicolored Light Strip (5-Meter/DC 12V) Reviews

posted by notexa on 03/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- The price ! Can't find a cheaper RGB LED strip anywhere. - Good quality, the complete strip is covered in sillicone tubing. You can glue this or use double sided tape to install it. - The length indicators are spaced at +- 10cm. This means that you can make accurate cuts. The most space that could be open is 4cm on either side.
Cons:
The LEDS aren't the best on the market, some colours seem to be only shades of one another instead of different colours.
Other:
- The power supply has to be ordered seperatly. For me this was a pro since I have adaptors installed in my electrical cabinet. - You can use other controllers (even ones that you build yourself) with this string since it's common+ - You got to have some soldering skill (and wire) if you want to cut the string and solder new connections to it.
Bottomline:
Great RGB LED strip for an incredible price.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections