DX  » Community » Reviews » Dual Frequency Display Multi Band Walkie-Talkie with VOX/Flashlight/FM Radio (VHF/UHF)
Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:9120 (91%)
  • 4 Star:92 (9%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good quality

posted by bigred2294 on 04/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this radio is very durable. the battery is also good. i go about 4-5 days on one charge using it at work for about 5 hours a day.
    Cons:
    i havent found any. some people may say the settings are hard to change and stuff like that but once yo get used to it it is pr...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best HT - Super Long Battery Life

posted by kurtismccartney on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    As a HAM Operator in Canada it can be hard to find a deal - this product is amazing as long as you can follow regulations. Much like the best HF base stations this unit has more bands than it needs. I programmed in the GMRS/FRS, WX Weather, Local Repeaters...
    Cons:
    No DTMF, so I have to politely ask another ham to dial in IRLP on some repeaters if I'm not near a tone generator. Every one o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely fine

posted by hanz45 on 10/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    1. Very good performance relative to price. Price is good too. 2. build quality is really over my toughts. 3. size is best for me - not so small, not so big. 4. communication is OK - talk with HAMs on 70 band over the 3km with antenna included. Guys say thi...
    Cons:
    Only one: It's much better to have dot-matrix display (as on Bao UV5R), 'cos in "name" mode, channel names shown on f...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good all-around walkie-talkie

posted by majordragon on 10/16/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    the best price over internet, a clear screen easy to understand with a lot of frequency to use. You could use it for your amateur radio, a lot of possibility. you can even add an earpiece for hands free operation
    Cons:
    the antenna is rare did not find any in my local retail store but DX have some for it. the volume knob is a little out of the a...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Radio

posted by derekbm84 on 08/30/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have had this for over a year using it daily and love this radio. It performs extemely well. The best apart about this radio it is a fraction of the cost of a Kenwood or Motorola that has less features. Battery life is excellent.
    Cons:
    The instruction manual itself is almost useless. But as for the radio itself - not 1 complaint
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent, inexpensive transceiver

posted by r00t on 08/24/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very capacious battery 2000 mA / h, running 90/5/5 to 5 days (off at night)!!! Strong body Comfortable and bright flashlight Very nice, deep modulation - similar to Yaesu-vx6 High transmission power
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good radio ! Great Cost-benefit.

posted by DericoRS on 08/15/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good radio, strong and optimal signal reception and transmission. Fair value, loads quickly and with optimal battery life. Many features and complete for the use which proposes. Very good for lovers of communication.
    Cons:
    I have yet to encounter any problems, but I thought charging the battery a strange hiss, but usually carries. In most with no f...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Radio

posted by sebo2000 on 08/11/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great price, many frequencies, easy to program just get usb cable to make it quick. Similar radios are 5-6 times more expensive. Pretty long range, we were testing it at 10km and it worked like a charm. Battery last for ever.
    Cons:
    none
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    o love this radio

posted by bpetreski on 07/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Just Plain Awesome! Build quality feels extremely solid in hand. Has a very wide channel/frequency spectrum. In field programing / Front Keypad Nice antenna range! Unlocked for different frequencies! :D Knob has no wobble, extreme plus (does not feel cheap ...
    Cons:
    low speed channel scan but it is not so bad No frequency 027-028mhz very disappointing that the adapter included 110V
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    one great radio at one great price

posted by milocs on 07/07/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    One great radio for its price good quality sound and recieves almost straight through commercial and ham bands with out the need of external or internal modifications and free shipping is always a great save
    Cons:
    have found it a tad cheaper lately but i think dx can soon change the price a bit
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections