View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent case, for that "Palm Pilot" feel – Protective PU Case with Strap for iPhone 4 - Black Reviews

posted by ZeroTheHero on 09/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This case is excellent, it protects your phone so you're not afraid of just tossing it on a pocket or bag, with keys or other objects. And the material looks nice too, good feel and texture.
Cons:
Only one issue: the iPhone has a proximity sensor just above the earpiece, comprised of an infrared emitter/receiver pair (look at it through a digital camera while making a call and you'll see a pinkish dot lit up).
This case has a cutout for the proximity sensor, but it is not large enough, so you sometimes end-up "ear dialing" during calls, or turning on speakerphone, etc.
Other:
To fix the above mentioned issue, all I had to do is take an exacto knife and cut out the small section of the case just above the earpiece. There, problem solved. I'll try to get a picture posted ...
Bottomline:
I use this case all the time, I even brought an extra one, for when the material starts to wear off on the one I'm using.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections