DX  » Community » Reviews » Aluminum Alloy Torchlight Mount Holder for G3 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 1
  • Usefulness: 2
Extremely disappointed – Aluminum Alloy Torchlight Mount Holder for G3 - Black Reviews

posted by candewman on 11/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Wow, it holds a 1" light...if you can make it fit a rail.
Cons:
I ordered 10 of these. All of them were screwed down so tight they deformed the rail clamp and won't return to their normal position. They need to be stretched out to fit a scope rail and that's a problem. In the picture on the DX site they show a slot at the bottom but both sides of mine were touching making it so that it won't go on a scope rail without prying it open. If the slot had been normal they would have fit easily.
Other:
I rated it a "2" because "1" seems to be too cruel and "3" is too kind. Physically, it would have been better with a cross bolt like on a scope ring clamp. This clamp has nothing to stop it from moving under recoil. It would probably be alright for air-soft.
Bottomline:
If you don't mind getting one that you have to spread open to make it fit, it's probably OK. Functionally it does what it's supposed to do, hold a 1" light. No cross bolt for recoil so I would not use this on a firearm but air-soft is probably OK.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections