DX  » Community » Reviews » 2000mW High Power 802.11a/b/g USB Wireless Network Dongle with 10dBi Antenna
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Holy wowsers this is a powerful adaptor – 2000mW High Power 802.11a/b/g USB Wireless Network Dongle with 10dBi Antenna Reviews

posted by fo0bar on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Super awesomely powerful adaptor. Amazing. Extremely impressed with this thing. Didn't require any driver installation on Ubuntu - the aircrack-ng suite worked no worries. No driver installation under windows 7 either. Small enough to put in my pocket or netbook bag, so I can pick up wireless wherever I am.
Cons:
The antenna isn't great. Definitely NOT 10dbi. Though I think I had a little better luck with mine than most other people. Mine certainly works, however only around as good as the 2-3dbi ones that come with routers. I'm not really phased, as i'd already read the reviews about the shocking antenna.
Other:
The adaptor is amazingly powerful and simple to use, and it looks great too. I puchased this with the 16dbi Yagi on DX, and mouted it to a tripod - a fantastic combination for neighbourhood WiFi scanning.
Bottomline:
As long as you're not counting on the antenna being 10dbi, this is a completely awesome product. Add a good directional antenna to it to pick up free internet from a distance!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections