DX  » Community » Reviews » Magicshine MJ-818 HA-III SSC 42180U 3W 3-Mode LED Bike Tail Light Set (4*18650 included)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:333 (33%)
  • 4 Star:676 (67%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    One of the "must have" for all cyclist

posted by yskeong on 01/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A extremely bright tail light. This light can been seen clearly in a bright sunny day. Easy to use, well built (except the rotary switch). A full charge of the battery can powered the tail light for more than 12 hours (my longest ride with the tail light on).
    Cons:
    The rotary switch is the source of great concern for me. The rotary switch on my first unit fails after a year. The second unit...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very bright and useful but not very durable

posted by AlamK on 01/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    1. Very bright. 2. 3 Modes, just about right! 3. A selected mode in combination of its brightness can be found that works well at any time of the day or night.
    Cons:
    1. Poor and very limited method to mount on bicycle. 2. The plastic part on the back of the light is held with a single screw a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A small price for safety!

posted by LarsU on 11/02/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Super bright. Day visible. Works great with the front light (808E is a good one) with a Y cable. I got the updated battery with a rubbery waterproof cover (it also came in the new different box). Overall very impressed with quality and function.
    Cons:
    Needs to be angled up if attached to a seatpost (part of the reason why I installed mine on the helmet). That's about it.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome, potential to be the best!

posted by niggle on 10/15/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The brightest rear light I have ever seen, bar none! Build quality seems excellent as well, I bought this last October and used it through the winter in all conditions, rain, ice, road salt, etc. without the slightest issue. It also works really well with t...
    Cons:
    The switch mechanism is fiddly to use and easy to turn past the point you were intending to get to, eg. switching it on again w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very powerfull but failed after falling down

posted by manouchk on 10/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Extremely powerfull, it will protect you from cars that will have to avoid you because light is exageratly powerfull. It is a unique bike tail light set. I've never something like that!
    Cons:
    Not as much practical as it could be. It is quite easily removed so that you have to remove it every time you park the bike in...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A very nice product

posted by zizanie on 07/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This tail light is VERY bright, I never seen anything like that. The design is very good. The crown switch works well with winter gloves. Runtime is perfect for commuting and night rides about 3-5 hours.
    Cons:
    Probably not waterproof ! I use it under rain and it goes off, it works again after a long drying. (I do not try the battery wa...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best tail light I've seen

posted by missionaryman on 01/02/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Audi like build quality Swiss Army Knife like usefulness Uma Thurman like aesthetics (ok mybe not quite there but good) Just a great tail light - I think that the entire cycling industry has forgotten the need to take tail lights seriously, this is a gre...
    Cons:
    None, unless you're trying to get away from a T-Rex, he'll definitely see you with this
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Taillight, good build quality

posted by Europa81 on 12/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright and easy to use. Simply turn the casing for different modes. Holds well with two different size rubbers. Solid and waterproof.
    Cons:
    Only one thougt: As most saddle poles are off-vertical, some sort of wedge should be built into the mount. Else most energy poi...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product for on the road!

posted by Jacksonric on 09/16/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Links in well to the front MagicShine light. I run it with a splitter off the same battery. Initially wondered about the waterproofness, but its proved me wrong. No issues after 3 months riding, during a wet New Zealand winter! I generally run this and th...
    Cons:
    Doesn't seem to have a rapid continuous blink - alternates between very quick blink and slower blink. personal opinion is the f...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections