DX  » Community » Reviews » Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power w/ Phone Adapters+LED Light
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 3
It LOOKS good – Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters + LED Light Reviews

posted by max929 on 08/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I was very excited receiving this thing. It looks awesome. Metal back, USB, little led light for in a pinch. Seems to charge on very little artificial light Runs my USB lightning ball but...
Cons:
In reality this is a charger that could be great, but suffers from significant build quality issues (on mine - some may be ok - I doubt great, at least for long) Bad cord - I had to tweak the cord around to get it to charge anything. The charger just turns off - I could understand if it turned off because the battery was full of solar goodness, but no - it just bricks it's self and will only turn back on if you "jump it" by plugging it into a USB port. I have had the unit turn off after time and turn off when it attempts to charge a device. This bug renders it useless Will not charge my Blackberry Tour (Appears to - but just drains the battery)
Other:
Bottomline:
The only time I would really use this is if I was traveling. For that reason the flaws in the device render it useless because who will take an unreliable device with you on a trip? If you would chances are you have other means of charging packed too. I would not recommend this item. I believe they are getting better but not there yet. Please redesign this using good quality construction and good parts and charge more for it...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections