DX  » Community » Reviews » Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power w/ Phone Adapters+LED Light
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
A decent little device... – Solar Powered 2000mAh Rechargeable Portable Emergency Power with Phone Adapters + LED Light Reviews

posted by Derfel on 08/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Size - I expected it to be bigger, but it's just a bit larger than "pocket-sized". Comes with a few adapters, but I only need mini-USB, and it works with a regular cord. Nice that it plugs into the wall as well. Seems to charge even on cloudy days.
Cons:
No idea of level of charge - could be 10% or 100% for all I know. Feels a bit cheap - I think if i drop it, it's done.
Other:
Works with my Touch Diamond and MP3 player (Sony). A carrying case/protective case would have been a nice addition.
Bottomline:
I bought this to use when camping or running my phone as a WiFi tethering device with my netbook to give me some more time. So far it has extended my use of the phone enough to make it worth the money paid. The only thing really missing is a power gauge to let you know what the battery strength is at any given time on the device.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections