DX  » Community » Reviews » 9.6W 160-LED 660LM 5400K Video Light with Three Filters for Panasonic CGR-D16S + More
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A perfect item – 9.6W 160-LED 660LM 5400K Video Light with Three Filters for Panasonic CGR-D16S + More Reviews

posted by ch35c0 on 01/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It's a great product! the light it gives is quite powerful and works perfect for video and for photo (I use it for long shots or times when a flash would be disturbing). The materials seem pretty good. They are light and sturdy. The dim control works very good and even lets you turn off the light without hearing the "click" (perfect for when you are using video, so it doesn't gets recorded).
Cons:
It would have been perfect if it came with a carrying pouch. The tripod mount, or the nut to be precise, got loose after some time but with some epoxy I glued it back (not sure how long it will last). The swivel doesn't rotate horizontally.
Other:
The filters seem to me to be to few. I made myself a few more of random colours. The filter case isn't big enough to fit the three filters, so you always have to leave one on the light (better for protecting the leds). I'd like to have it with, at least, the possibility of attaching barn doors (will have to add something). I don't quite like the battery lid being open. I think it is for when using a camera battery, but I use AA so it worries me a little.
Bottomline:
I'm really really pleased with this item and I recommend it to anybody who needs a light-portable video light and very cheap.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections