DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-606A 3W Cree Flashlight (2xAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Welcome to the 21st century! – Ultrafire WF-606A 3W Cree Flashlight (2xAA/1xCR2) Reviews

posted by fastenuff on 08/15/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Simple, bright flashlight using common batteries. Two battery format provides longer runtime than single battery. As bright as my (very bright) 18650 powered light. Excellent build quality on par with my much more expensive light. Popular, well loved size and shape time tested and true. Perfectly centered emitter in deep textured reflector provides a clean beam pattern with a bright spot and plenty of spill. Nice O rings every where they should be including behind the lens provide a good chance of waterproofness and smooth feel while taking the light apart and putting it together. The battery tube comes apart about an inch below the head and you can reattach the tailcap to make a nifty cr2 battery powered light. Simple on off clickie on tailcap is a popular feature and allows for easy one handed operation. Glass lens resists scratching. Machining and coating flawless. The included wrist strap actually fits over your hand!
Cons:
A low battery saving mode would be nice. I am not sure the glass lens is tempered. Clickies are not as durable as twist switchs. Did not fit one of brand my nimh batteries. (but did fit all three other brands that I tried). Maybie they could have made the tube a fraction of a millimeter wider.
Other:
This is a great light for the person who likes a simple no nonsense light or for the person who has not been initiated to the new generation of lights.
Bottomline:
Simple light using cheap common batteries. Excellent quality, good run time and very bright!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections