Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- very inexpensive
- simple to use, simple to replace batteries
- fairly light--all plastic
- focusable beam. Can't find that feature in most headlamps at any price, let alone a <$7 one.
- pretty bright for $7.
- because no rear battery pack, good for reading while lying down
- High, Low, and strobe. Just the right # of modes.
- with beam at its widest, spot is fairly big and useful
- for a simple, basic headlamp, it's kind of bulky. It fills most of the jacket pocket I put it in.
- sharp dropoff past edge of beam. goes from bright to completely dark. Not really a problem though, since spot is a decent size.
- kind of cheap plastic, but hey, $7.
- narrowest beam projects a clear image of the square emitter, complete with 4 bonding wires
- straps are short. I have a small head for an adult male, and the straps are just a bit uncomfy even with them adjusted to maximum size. If you have a big head, you'll find these straps tight.
I bought this as a headlamp to keep in the pocket of the jacket I wear to take the dogs out to pee and poo at night. I need both hands free to pick up the poo. This headlamp does the job. It's bright enough, the switch is firm enough that it won't turn on accidentally in the pocket (like my last headlamp did), and it's so cheap that if anything goes wrong with it, I won't care. I would never consider this my primary headlamp, but it's fine as a backup or as a specific-use light like what I use it for.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.