DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Pro Slave Flash - Black (2*AA)
Sort by:
18 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6111 (61%)
  • 4 Star:336 (33%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Value, handy camera accessory

posted by chetvaldes on 06/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    good price, functions well enough, very bright flash, and the slave function is invaluable
    Cons:
    Reflector is held in place by two small globs of hot glue- I had to reglue mine because it came loose- very easy to take apart ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Help for the pop-up flash

posted by nrh2005 on 04/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's light, very portable and very useful to put just a little more light when using the pop-up flash of the camera. It can serves as a principal light or can be used as slave flash: there is an mechanical switch to change this. It comes with an lateral sup...
    Cons:
    None. It's working fine.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good... not great

posted by Laurent94 on 02/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The price, obviously. More powerful than expected. The optical slave is amazingly sensitive. The setup is very easy and the flash fires every time on the number of flashes requested (will not fire with "anti red eye" camera flash, but will go off ...
    Cons:
    VERY very cheap material. Buttons look like they're about to fall of if you actually use them. Also quality does not seem consi...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good beginner's flash, cheap and low tech

posted by indika7447 on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    1) Low cost 2) Uses AA batteries, so no need for specialized batteries 3) Very light weight 4) Can be operated as a slave flash unit 5) Suffieciently powerful light
    Cons:
    1) Cannot be used with focusing pre-flashes Although it says it can be used with pre flashes in 4 slave flash modes, my underst...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very usefull!

posted by joseeg22 on 01/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great light appoint for Cameras that don't have a good flash or to have better pictures when it's dark . The product isn't built with cheap materials and looks very thought.
    Cons:
    The flash is limited in the choice of positions you can have with it and the screws aren't thight as the first time at the seco...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and works, but too blue light for me

posted by heikkipekka on 01/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap and slave flash seems to trigger well enough.
    Cons:
    No way to control output level so it's always in full power and the color temperature is too blue to be used together with my o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as described

posted by zrupov on 11/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Item works as described. Price is very good. Tried it at different settings. Works very good. At distance of 5 meters makes perfect light. Timing is very accurate, the person I have shoot at said he can't notice that there are 2 flashes.
    Cons:
    The hot shue is a little tight. The battery compartment is a bit confusing, but is ok - not loose not tight.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent and cheap slave flash.

posted by NecRomantic on 09/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A very useful thing, especially for portraits outside the studio. Easy to use and configure. Two switches interact with any other flash. Works only on two batteries. Very compact, and despite the fact that I use rarely - carry with me all the time. Good bui...
    Cons:
    At that price, I really do not see Cons. It wrote that does not works wirh rechargeable batteries. I use rechargeable GP2500 an...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good slave flash

posted by hutoi on 08/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works as it should. A rather bright flash. Can be operated in both slave mode and fitted in a camera´s hot shoe. Build quality is what you expect from your low-end camera equipment (not THAT low end). The extension arm is a nice bonus. I used it with m...
    Cons:
    No operating instructions, but usage is rather straight-forward. Still, figuring out how to use the flash might take some time ...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little slave flash

posted by szega83 on 08/11/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's really small, works with 2 AA batterys. The guide number of the flash is 18, witch is mutch more powerful than the built-in flash. Also it reloads really fast after flashing. And the best thing about the device is the price.
    Cons:
    The flash cannot be angled, and the battery level is not indicated, so you never know how many shots you can take before it run...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections