DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Pro Slave Flash - Black (2*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
A cheap slave flash for photography amateurs – Digital Pro Slave Flash - Black (2*AA) Reviews

posted by Vijayalayan on 07/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It's an ideal slave flash to experiment multiple light sources for photography amateurs with limited budget. For an indoor use, this flash provides enough Lumens to light up a small room. Battery drain is in acceptable level. So far I have ordered 3 of these little flashes (2 for my use in combination with my Canon Speedlite, and one for a gift).
Cons:
Issue of an optical slave flash exists (which is not limited specifically to this product, but fits any of its kind).
Other:
By optical slave nature, it is almost impossible to use them in functions where more than one camera with flash are being used. When other photographers take photos with flashes, this slave flash also fires or counts them as a trigger, and as a result does not fire when you release the shutter on your camera. I tried cover the sensor with my finger to get some limited success in avoiding false triggers.
Bottomline:
An Ideal slave flash for a home/small studio.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections