DX  » Community » Reviews » 900mA 10W Power Constant Current Source LED Driver (85~265V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good power supply modual. – 900mA 10W Power Constant Current Source LED Driver (85~265V) Reviews

posted by solar5 on 09/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Price: 5
For a 10w power supply you can't beat the price. This unit produces a smooth and pure flicker-free DC power. So I rated it a 5 on price.
Ease of use: 5
I gave it a 5 also. Connect the yellow wires to a 110v ac outlet and the red and black wires to the load, as in my case, (16 1-watt LEDs, (sku #13612 XM050YW050A 1W 50-Lumen 3000K White LED), and your in business. Simple!
Build quality: I rated it a 4.
The reason for a 4 rating is because the unit has no protective casing or mounting holes. All electronics are exposed. Next I will buy a plastic case in which to mount it in, problem solved.
Usefulness: I rated it a 5.
I am powering 16 1-watt LEDs in a series-parallel configuration, and it is just warm to the touch, and the LEDs are warm also and too bright to look at. More than enough power for the job.
Overall Rating: 5
Because overall, it is a great power supply. It does what it is supposed to do and it does it well.
Cons:
As mentioned above, "No protective casing".
Other than that, None.
Other:
Bottomline:
Bottom line, I will buy this unit again. Anytime I need 10 watts of good quality dc power, I know this unit will deliver.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections