DX  » Community » Reviews » 900mA 10W Power Constant Current Source LED Driver (85~265V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

  • Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Aquarium LED Driver... – 900mA 10W Power Constant Current Source LED Driver (85~265V) Reviews

posted by wampyz on 05/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- universal compact switching constant high current driver - drives many of the 3x3 high output LEDs at 90% power leaving a 10% safety margin - very little heat generation
Cons:
- no safety casing - no mounting holes - can't alter current output - could be cheaper
Other:
used this driver to retrofit my aquarium lighting hood after all the tubes finally burned out... currently drives a 10W LED and a small heatsink fan... uses a fraction of the power as compared to the previous ballast drivers in the hood to generate about the same amount of white light... the stock aquarium hood fans are able to take care of the heat this power supply generates...
Bottomline:
great component if you're thinking of retrofitting your aquarium lighting...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections