DX  » Community » Reviews » High Speed 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Vertical Stand - Silver (110~240V AC Adapter)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 1
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good, but no so good. Got it? – High Speed 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Vertical Stand - Silver (110~240V AC Adapter) Reviews

posted by BrunoRaven on 03/31/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Nice looking; smaller than appears on the photos; really useful stand; good data rate; and no heating on the hub itself or the a/c adapter (as mentioned on one of the reviews)
Cons:
VERY VERY VERY poor build quality. It came with the front mounting loose. One of the back usb's simply folded and cracked off when i tried to connect a device on the first try. Had to disassemble the whole thing to take it off, witch was pretty easy due to the screwless-self-destructive design. Then i noticed that all of the five frontal USB's came bent had to disassemble again and align them.
Other:
The worst thing is that this thing is good apart from the build quality. Specially because of the external power source. I can now plug a 2.5HDD enclosure and a wifi adapter on just 1 usb port with no issues.
Too bad that it is now a 6-port USB Hub.
Bottomline:
I bought it to mount on a HDTV PVR device, to record HD programing on a 2.5" enclosure (witch uses a lot of transfer rate) and connect a wifi adapter to the same PVR. So far, so good.
But I only reccomend it if they make it propperly. Cheap stuff can't mean poor-made stuff.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections