DX  » Community » Reviews » High Speed 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Vertical Stand - Black (110~240V AC Adapter)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
GREAT FOR RASPBERRY PI!!! – High Speed 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Vertical Stand - Black (110~240V AC Adapter) Reviews

posted by bettodiaz on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- It works! - Cheap - Very good quality case - Very good quality stand - USB Hub can be use as regular or with stand(looks great and stylish) - Works GREAT with Raspberry PI!
Cons:
- American connector for the AC power (I used an adapter) - A little tricky to us the extra ac power(only tested with raspberry pi)
Other:
Comes in a closed blister. Perfect for retail or a gift(?). Very nice presentation and the cables and AC adapter included are of nice quality.
Bottomline:
I bought it to use a hard disk, wifi usb dongle, keyboard and mouse with the raspberry pi. And it worked perfectly! I was worried about the hard drive, but it powered it perfectly. THe only thing, is if you powered on the USB HUB and then connect the raspberry pi by the included USB cable, it powers on the RPI. But by the USB ports in the RPI. This is not recommended as it would not recognize the USB HUB as a hub, but as power source. First power on the RPI via the micro USB power source, and then connect the powered USB HUB and it would work great!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections