DX  » Community » Reviews » Gaming Hand Grip for DSi LL (Black)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Must have for all DSI XL/LL owners! – Gaming Hand Grip for DSi LL (Black) Reviews

posted by WestCoastDon on 11/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Pros: This is a great grip for DSI XL/LL. It makes it much more comfortable to use for long periods of time if you have big hands like me. It's made of hard ABS black plastic, so it's not going to break easily. Price is fairly good, it's a little more expensive than you'd expect because it is one solid piece of plastic that's in the cardboard box in the pictures, so it's pretty big/costly to ship. The back has 2 slots for extra DS game storage. They feel very secure. I wouldn't hesitate to store games in the slots. It looks good on the black DSI XL. The back has a stand that folds out so you can prop it up to watch movies, or just as a cool stand.
Cons:
Cons: Unfortunately it blocks the headphone port on the front of the DSI XL, and since it's hard plastic, there's really no way to get around that. It also slightly blocks the stylus holder on the bottom, but not the side. This makes it a little harder to pull the stylus out of the holder. It's pretty big, so it definitely won't fit in your pocket easily. Not great for portable use.
Other:
Bottomline:
Great overall for people that have larger hands. I'd definitely buy it again.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections