View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Won'ts with iPhone4 but not with most bumpers – Mini Car Charger for iPhone 4/3G/3GS - Black Reviews

posted by Maltopia on 06/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Charges iPhone4 which is great. It also has a locking mechanism to prevent you pulling the plug off by accident.
Cons:
The plastic around the phone end is humungous! You would have to drastically cut the plastic on most bumper cases to get it to fit.
I have to slide mine off to plug this in which doesn't do my screen protector film any favours - constantly taking the bumper case on and off means I am pushing against the edges of the film.
Other:
The locking mechanism on the plug may be a con for some as you could damage the cable/port if you pull your phone and the charger won't disengage. Shouldn't really be a problem due to the long coils.
Bottomline:
If you have a bumper case, I would only use this as a spare charger if you can't wait to get home or the office to charge with a cable that accommodates your bumper case. I wouldn't recommend it for daily charging.
I keep mine as an emergency spare in the glove box of my car as it is too cumbersome to slide the bumper on and off again.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections