DX  » Community » Reviews » Compact Universal Travel Power Plug Adapter (AU/UK/US/EU)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very useful and did the job perfectly – Compact Universal Travel Power Plug Adapter (AU/UK/US/EU) Reviews

posted by kinezo on 05/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Neatly packaged by plugging into itself. Comes with a nice bag to carry it. Pretty sturdily built (for being plastic). And of course, it works!
Cons:
One of the plugs was a little stiff. I think it was the safety mechanism that was causing problems. But I figured out if you angled it in it was much easier to plug into. Definitely not a deal breaker, but definitely something to note.
Other:
Please note, this is a plug adapter ONLY. This does NOT do voltage conversion. My experience has been transformers are heavy and a hassle. Most of the times they don't work. If you can, make sure your devices does "universal voltage", i.e. 110v-250v (approx). This way, all you need is a plug adapter like this. Most electronics are universal voltage, just read the labels!
Bottomline:
If you're traveling around Europe with different plugs (like we did, Ireland -> Netherlands -> Iceland) than this is essential. Go get it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections