DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire P10-R5 Cree XP-G-R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great flashlight, best cost x value – UltraFire P10-R5 Cree XP-G-R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by kapixaba on 10/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The ammount of light is exacly what you pay for, i bought for night biking, and it does de job beautifully, bought 4 18650 batteries, and that's more then enought. it does get hot after 5 minutes, but it is completely berable, and is actually a hand warmer in the right ammount. the bottom glows in the dark, but you have to leave it in a lite room, oderwise in wont "charge" and do it's thing... The build quality is fine, not the best, but much better than i expected, i belive it is in deed waterproof, but i don't want to try it out, certainly water resistent due to the 2 o-rings on each end. the 5 modes is excelent, i really like to have these cool gadgets with full of functions. in some cases, the brightest mode is too much. and for me that go fishing from times to times, it is perfect, if something goes wrong, SOS. The strobe mode might not be strong enought for crowded caotic groups, or an assoult guy. but you have there if you need it. It is in fact XP-G R5 cree led. You canot see a donut, mine is very well even in the spot, and the spill ( area arround the center, is huge) so it's great for night ridindg. I don't know if i'm usedd to the color, but i really dont find it blueish, for me is a very good white... maybe buleish-ish-ish not more than that... my protected betteries fit great...
Cons:
couldn't measure the Amperage drawn, but i think is more than 800ma on high other than that, could find any,
Other:
Bottomline:
i really like it, my friend thought i paid 50 $ on it, i definetly recomend it for others, but i would buy the 22,30$ 500 lumens from trustfire next just to check it out... i would very much like to have 2 lights on my bike... spare.. the bike flashlight mount i bought is just perfect also, love you DX

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections