DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire P10-R5 Cree XP-G-R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

  • Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Lightweight, compact and very bright – UltraFire P10-R5 Cree XP-G-R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by Hobbyfotograaf on 11/11/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

This is a very compact and lightweigt flashlight, and it is very bright. Only 100 grams with a 18650 battery, the stainless steel Ultrafire c3 with a 14500 inside is just 4 grams lighter. The P10 is larger than the C3, but with a bigger battery it will last much longer (P10-R5 = 114mm x 24,6mm, SS C3-Q5= 93,5mm x 20,5mm). The P10-R5 is also much brighter than the SS C3-Q5. This Ultrafire P10 fits in most pockets, and there are no sharp edges to destroy the inside of your pockets. Good heat transfer to the body, and the led does not get too much power, so it will last very long. (I had problems with a Uniquefire flashlight where the R5 led fell off the star because it was getting far too much current on a freshly charged battery.) Build quality seems ok, with O-rings at the right places to make it water resistant.
There is only one con, and that is the doughnut ring in the "hotspot". If the beam was better, this would have been a much better flashlight (it woud have been almost perfect, because i can't find another thing that is wrong with this P10-R5).
I measured the current at the tailcap: High: 0,98A Mid: 0,6A Low: 0,2A It should last for more than 2 hours on high, and about 10 hours on low on a 2500mAh 18650 battery.
At this moment, this is my favourite "every day carry" flashlight, it is light, compact, very bright, and the battery lasts for more than two hours on high. With this construction the heat-transfer is much better than with a "drop in module" that is sitting loose in the flashlight tube without any thermal contact. Those flashlights won't last very long because the led gets much too hot.


Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections