write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A very nice buy – SD Card MP3 Player Reviews

posted by POWLookout on 05/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Build quality looks slightly cheap, but it feels nice and is pretty durable.
- The MP3 is really simple to use, the middle button turns on, turns off, and plays the music. While the other buttons function in accordance to their symbols.
- You use your own SD to provide memory for the MP3, meaning you have a lot of options for the amount of memory.
Cons:
- The battery(ies) that come with the MP3 player are very weak, cheap, and won't last very long.
- The flashing light that signals whether the MP3 is playing a song or is paused continues to flash while in use and idle, meaning it constantly uses up battery power. They should add an idle mode for the light.
- The default earphones that come with the MP3 or pretty poor quality, I would use a different pair.
- The product could be cheaper considering what you get.
Other:
I would've preferred it, if the build was a little smaller and the edges were compact like that of an iPod shuffle.
I primarily bought this out of curiosity.
It drains a lot of battery power, so you should use re-chargeable batteries.
Bottomline:
I personally wouldn't even buy this again if they sold it for $5, you could get more bang for your buck from those little corner stores selling the bland MP3's.
I still think this is pretty neat, though.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections