DX  » Community » Reviews » Fishbone Shaped Aluminum Alloy Scope Mount Side Base for AK47
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:808 (80%)
  • 4 Star:202 (20%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent choice!!!

posted by NikolaevIM on 02/18/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good built quality. Fits my Veper 308Win with Redfield scope. Had about 100 shots, seems to be fine. Taking it off and on again doesn't modify shooting accuracy and it is very easy, no need in additional instruments. No frames, looks solid. In Russia it c...
    Cons:
    Really none. Wouldn't drop it though. And don't forget it is made of aluminum so you might need a test shooting after about 200...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good thing

posted by axel-17 on 12/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    a great thing for a small cost. easy installation, light weight. well come to the Saiga 12 and 410 caliber.
    Cons:
    no shortcomings. but there is no sense in the extra side plate - enough only the top of the seat. although you can set the side...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for your AK/SKS/VZ

posted by TRaTSeRiF on 11/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Price - this is dirt cheap. About half the shipped price of e-bay stuff and about 1/3 of Canadian pricing -Easy to put on and take off, so you can transport your optics to the range safely and so you can use different optics for different targets/distances...
    Cons:
    -Didn't come with instructions so it took a bit of doing to figure out that the tension is adjustable. At first it was too loos...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I liked it. SAIGA 20K

posted by AlexandrP on 09/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Quality for the layman - super. Price - do not compare to our stores (Russia). If the coating will keep for a long time, the price to this adaptation do not! Recommended!
    Cons:
    Minus one - a long wait. No, delivery less than a month, but we always want more quickly.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bad Tolerances

posted by moviemakerpro on 07/25/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good design. The quick release system is very helpful and holds tight. The metal is strong and durable. Also, compared to other sources, it is a good price.
    Cons:
    This mount is not the same size as one I order previously from DX. The attachment area of this mount is smaller and tighter not...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap alternative

posted by jontsa on 01/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Fits on Tigr 7.62x54 without problems. Seems solid enough and after tightening the latch screw I believe it can withstand the recoil at least with lighter scopes. But I haven't tried shooting with it yet so I can't say for sure. Allows you to use iron sight...
    Cons:
    Either the latch is non-functional or it was broken on mine. I need to use a screwdriver to remove or install the mount.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good enougth and cheap

posted by AndMok on 07/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    left fishbone is used by the light - Super Fire 14V Wf501D CR123A With Gun Mount (2 * batteries 18650) top fishbone is used by Reflex Laser Sight Rifle Scope both of them are not weightless as i thought
    Cons:
    maybe paint\cover, but it doesn't matter for me when hunting
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality.

posted by Vadshooter on 07/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Perfect for a standard dovetail mounting entire series AK. Holds firmly, no backlash. High quality manufacturing. Lightweight. ?asy to install.
    Cons:
    Not very durable coating. Prevents the latch folded butt, it is typical for most mounts of this type. I believe that the left...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fits also AKS74U- with some rework

posted by wrestling on 02/11/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Fits perfectly to AK standard siderail and based on short experience seems to stay true.
    Cons:
    Needs minor mods for some shorter AK variants, such as AKS74U. The original rear sight is further back preventing this mount fr...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value

posted by spaceport on 11/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this is the best price Ive seem in this model side mount. Its much easier to use than the screw on version which is also available on DX for a great price. It seems to hold zero each time its clipped back on.
    Cons:
    if you have an older model AK you need the steel side dovetail mount, which is hard to get and about the same cost as this.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections