DX  » Community » Reviews » VMA2015 15W Stereo Audio Amplifier Evaluation Module (EVM) Board
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
VMA2015 15W Stereo Audio Amplifier – VMA2015 15W Stereo Audio Amplifier Evaluation Module (EVM) Board Reviews

posted by logotrikes on 12/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very crisp sound, bags of power driving my Fostex full range crossover-less Voight enclosures. It would probably drive all but the most complex speakers, but better with smaller full range or bookshelf speakers I feel owing to the small output. There is probably about 5 or 6 wpc of usable watts into 8 ohms, but this is more than enough, certainly for my set-up, to fill my listening room with quite decent sound. Plenty of detail but a bit light in the mid-range. Very pleasant sounding with no obvious vices that I've noticed yet.
Cons:
The board is so small as to make connecting anything but the smallest of speaker wire into the tiny blocks. However I cheated by using 1.6mm brazing rod into the blocks with the amp in an enclosure and then hardwiring those rods to better quality binding posts. Ditto the RCA plugs I added...a perfect solution at little cost.
A bit hard working on the board owing to it's small size, but doable. It wouldn't put me off buying another.
Other:
Overall a bit of fun, a bit of fiddling around, but to me an excellent end result. I think it's cool that such a tiny amp in a cheap plastic box could give such good results.
Bottomline:
Buy one and enjoy $20 worth of outlay...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections