DX  » Community » Reviews » Richuang RC-7001 30-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Smart little light – Richuang RC-7001 30-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AAA) Reviews

posted by realblades on 10/27/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Excellent small flashlight. Very reasonably priced. Running white off one AAA means it has a switchmode regulator. It does work with NiMH. It comes apart easily and goes and stays together well. You can see the chip in the reflector, so that is probably functional. Nice feel and colour. It is quite bright, although that is of course relative. As is battery life. I've had it for a few days of finding every excuse of pointing it at something and using it for night reading. So far I haven't run down the freshly charged NiMH AAA I started with. More than enough for a random trip and it's easy to bring a backup to a one battery light.
Cons:
For what it is, none. The product description might of course be improved. The switch is a bit stiff. If you're holding it down to blink, it will put some strain on the thumb. But there's really no reason to complain.
Other:
I've considered wiring this to some sensors and recording a profile of some sort. See how long an alkaline lasts, what the current draw is and how low can the voltage go and does the light output change over time. I'll see if I get around to it. And photos, of course.
Bottomline:
I'm very happy with this so far. Even if it's called "rich wang". I'd like to see an equally nice 1AA or 2AA or perhaps Li+ one. Excellent value for money.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections