Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
+ Extremely compact.
+ Needs only one AAA battery.
+ Works with NiMH batteries well.
+ Has a clip for easy carrying in a pocket.
+ Bright enough for its size and common purposes.
+ Does not become hot even after 2 hrs runtime.
- Just a toy in a comparision with UltraFire WF-501 flashlight with Cree R2 LED. Soviet flashlight with 3.6V 0.26A tungsten lamp (not halogen) is some more bright than this one.
- Tail-cap button is not glow-in-the-dark and DX does not sell such small glow-in-the-dark buttons. So it is difficult to find this flashlight in darkness and you to know very well where it is.
- The reflector is not textured so beam has some "rings" (these "rings" are not bright so they are not annoying but may be annoying for extreme flashaholics).
* Described cons are not so actual for the price of this flashlight.
* Power consumption is 0.18 A (measured with M838 multimeter using Ni-MH battery).
* This flashlight is good as an useful gift.
* We would be glad if DX would sell small tail-cap buttons like SKU.5714 for tuning flashlights with small buttons like this.
Good as a small EDC flashlight which you can always carry in your pocket but not enoughly bright for special purposes. Good as an useful gift.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.