DX  » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Fire Sparkle Flint + Opener + Sawtooth + Map Rangefinder
Sort by:
24 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7117 (71%)
  • 4 Star:256 (25%)
  • 3 Star:41 (4%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Must have for any outdoor activity

posted by slobodni on 02/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is lightweight and very easy to use. Sparks are fine and you will have no problem to light your fire with it. You just need to take off the paint from the stick surface, which is easily done in one or two scraping moves. It does not use much space, it's ...
    Cons:
    None, and don't expect it ever.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A lots of sparks for few bucks

posted by Total1304 on 02/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good strong spark, tough build, big long flint, handy striking tool with rangefinder/meter and cutting/bottle opening tool. Matte black finish.
    Cons:
    None AFAIK
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    this is the best one on DX

posted by jochem66 on 01/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    I have had multiple versions of flints in my life, so good, some bad. This one is good, I can tell right away. The sparks are good and the stick doesn't wear down fast. You can make 10000 + strike with it. Also, it's really well made, the grip is good and s...
    Cons:
    none so far! Maybe the paint will come off from the striker. Or maybe the striker will get rusty. We'll see, you can always use...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fire anytime, anywhere

posted by davider222 on 01/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    You have 4 in 1 item. You can measure the length, open a beer, create a fire and many other things with this small useful thing. It creat very hot sparkle and a lot of strong light. It is usable also in cold and wet weather.
    Cons:
    In the cases of first uses color paint on rod must be removed because the sparkle won't be created. Rod can slip from cube but ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    sparky !

posted by phil53x on 11/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great sparky tinder fire lighter, (You have to give it a few priming strokes when first using to scrape away surface paint & bite into the rod). The rod does come loose, but I just push it back in & it is fine, you could add a few dabs of glue to se...
    Cons:
    It also says it incorporates a sawtooth, but it must be refering to the scraper part off the unit , which obviously isnt much ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great sparkle flint

posted by mrlink on 10/06/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It has a good spark and can be used many times. The item is made of good quality materials, I used it quite some times and it doesn't shows any wear.
    Cons:
    Didn't find any after using it a few months. I don't expect to meet any later though.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good buy !

posted by stevesdk on 09/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is one big flint for the price you are paying. Will last a very long time. I dump it into a bail of water and take out to try. Works instantly even though it's wet all over. Not working fully submerge in water though... Well I guess rain is not a prob...
    Cons:
    There is a black coating you have to scrape of to works. The scraper could a bit made sharper.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Tremendous item works as it should

posted by crisbikeshop on 08/02/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to carry. huge showers of sparks, well made solid item, included steel actually sparks. Extremely useful Impressive product. Everyone should have at least 2 of these things hanging around their person.
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good stuff

posted by ffitri on 04/24/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    First of all it got nice packaging, thank you DX.com for free shipping with solid packaging. The item is solid useful, have a lot of sparkle. Surely recommended to people who love camping, fishing, or scouting. I love to camp, before this im using primitiv...
    Cons:
    This is no a scam...it's a good product...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it's worth buying

posted by darkdoom on 02/24/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This sparkle flint works great. If you go outdoors - take it with you and be sure you CAN light a fire in any condition. I' sure the range finder can be useful. Working with a map or measuring something.
    Cons:
    None of them.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections