DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw 3-Mode Cree Q3 LED Headlamp (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
pretty good for the price – Flood-to-Throw 3-Mode Cree Q3 LED Headlamp (1*18650) Reviews

posted by ptrckday on 12/18/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Very inexpensive for a lightweight headlamp running on an 18650 battery. It is focusable so you can zoom in or out depending on your need. It can focus to a tight beam, giving very good throw. Produces quite a bit of light. Head straps are comfortable and hold the light securely.
Cons:
Not the best quality (but not bad for the price). Even at its most floody setting it is still not real floody. At the floody setting there are very noticeable rings at the outside of the bright spot. Personally, I find strobe annoying and would prefer a light without it.
Other:
No regrets about buying this. A headlamp is very useful, and this satisfies all my needs. I like the fact that it runs on an 18650.
Bottomline:
I think this is a good buy if you are looking for an inexpensive headlamp running on an 18650. It is not perfect, but the price is hard to beat.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections