DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal Adjustable Bicycle Mount for Flashlights (2~3.2cm Diameter)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Given it's usefulness, it should be priced lower! – Universal Adjustable Bicycle Mount for Flashlights (2~3.2cm Diameter) Reviews

posted by Lightfan99 on 04/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I like that it is able to swivel --- about 10 degrees in either direction. Reasonably well-built --- but, with a couple of exceptions. (see comment in 'Cons', below.)
Cons:
The pivot point is a small metal screw into ABS plastic --- instead of a rivet or 'nut and bold assembly'. It is only a matter of time before the ABS plastic threads wear out and there are problems. I somehow assumed that this holder would work for all smaller flashlights --- like some of the commonly-available economical standard 9-LED units. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Even though the product description refers to it being able to accommodate 3.2cm diameter flashlights, I don't think it is wise to use it with a flashlight much larger than 2cm in diameter. I say this for two reasons: 1) the diameter of the ABS-holding component is just over 1.5cm, and inserting a significantly larger flashlight will ultimately stress it beyond it's breaking point. 2) riding over rough terrain would likely cause a larger-diameter flashlight to 'pop-out' of the holder.
Other:
Given the limitations that I have noted, it's usefulness is quite limited --- since there are few flashlights that it will properly accommodate.
Bottomline:
This will only work well and safely for small flashlights that are 1-5 - 2.0 cm in diameter. Given this fact, and the built-quality issues noted above, this holder is overpriced. It really should have been about priced at about $1.00.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections