DX  » Community » Reviews » 44-LED Music Controlled Decorative Blue Light for Vehicles (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent buy for music lovers – 44-LED Music Controlled Decorative Blue Light for Vehicles (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by Krudda on 07/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
- works perfectly, no problems in LEDs or cables/unit
- lights up bright (also con, see below)
- powered by 12V DC, solong as you have a cigarette socket adapter, you can take it out of the car
- small and unobtrusive, lightweight
- sensitivity works perfectly, high adjustment range
- build quality is a slight bit flimsy in places, however it is not to the extent that anything will break easily
- works off a computer (you need either adapters or knowledge :) I used knowledge)
- the sensor does not pick up general road noise (unless you aren't playing music and have the sensitivity up high)
- lots more pros that I can't think of right now
Cons:
- too bright, can be blinding. I had to wear a pair of sunglasses just to look in the general direction of mine, not exactly something you want on your dash.
- Cables are miles too long (see note in "other thoughts"
Other:
"Note on Cable length"
The power cable is 1M long, enough length for me, but the LED "speaker lights" as I am calling them, have really long cables (haven't measured as of yet), So unless you plan to mount them in the rear of the car, they are pretty much just an annoying mess you have to keep out of the way.
Bottomline:
Fun, flexible and cheap but not "cheap"

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections