DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Cree Q3-WC Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Brightness Control (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Handy Cheap head mounted light – Flood-to-Throw Cree Q3-WC Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Brightness Control (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by Blackbird2308 on 06/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Great head light, Bright light, Adjustable beam for focus and brightness. Very useful. energy efficient. plenty bright for a headlight Adjustments are easy to use. Almost identical to the Ledlenser version (that cost $70USD++)
Cons:
had an issue with mine.. after on high for about an hour I accidentally bumped my head and it didn't work anymore. Opened it up and found a wire had come away from it's solder. It does get a little warm from use. Resoldered the wire with quality solder (and an ULTRA fine tip) and never had a problem since.
Battery cover is a little rubbery.. does the job though doesn't fit the greatest.
Other:
There are probably better lights out there, but I'm actually very happy with this lights performance. Plenty bright, great battery life, comfortable to wear for long periods.
Bottomline:
Buy one, for all the above it's worth the 20 bucks!!! for sure

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections