DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw Cree Q3-WC Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Brightness Control Set (3*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 1
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 1
Good for very little – Flood-to-Throw Cree Q3-WC Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Brightness Control Set (3*AAA) Reviews

posted by PhatBob on 12/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It's bright, very bright. It's light it's small. It can be recharged.
Cons:
It's built sooooooo badly. I'm sorry but this light is no good unless you intend to take it apart and modify it. The input port for the recharger pushes the middle battery away from where it should be so the batterys fail to make a good contact on the terminals. The unit is not even close to waterproof, full of holes, it is not suitable for outdoor use. The rotating bracket is too flimsy, the light wobbles around and I wouldn't guarantee it not to fall apart quickly. The dimmer lever is loose, very loose, the slightest touch moves it from one place to another.
Other:
Buy it if you need something to use in teh garage or in teh house. Want something for proper outdoor use, go elsewhere.
Bottomline:
Cheap but no way cheap enough to warrant the terrible build quality and duff design. I'd not bother or go and spend twice as much on something ten times better.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections