DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire Cree C3 Flashlight with 2xAA Extension Tube Bundle
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Exce,ent Light – UltraFire Cree C3 Flashlight with 2xAA Extension Tube Bundle Reviews

posted by rizki_p on 06/28/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good build quality 2xAA setup is quite small 1xAA setup is even smaller fits in pocket nicely can use 1x14500 li-ion for small and super bright light No battery ratlle. Flexible battery. Good styling. Hold nicely in hand(balanced) Cannot stand on its tail Smooth thread.
Cons:
Not as bright as my L2D-CE on High and turbo Sanyo 2700Mah doesnt fit, Sanyo eneloop does. Emitter almost center(not quite) Clicky is slightly to deep(still comfortable) No holster.
Other:
I cant believe that this light is so bright considering the price is less the half of my Fenix L2D-CE. Using 1xAA it still bright comparable to medium sting on my L2D-CE, Using 2xAA its almost as bright as L2D-CE on High. Using 3xAA(ni-mh) is possible but i dont have the extra extension tube but should be similar when running with 14500 battery. I found that when using 1xAA its brightness is enough for almost everyting i need for close and medium range i can still light distance upto 10-20m with this 1xAA setup.
Bottomline:
Excellent Light and bright. 1xAA setup is bright enough for most jobs. 2xAA is even better for throw, close-range is barely noticable 3xAA/1x14500 should be brighter but i havent test it. Probably never use 2xAA tube most of the time. It has enough brightess and flexibility that my L2D-CE dont.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections