DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire Cree C3 Flashlight with 2xAA Extension Tube Bundle
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Lovely light :) – UltraFire Cree C3 Flashlight with 2xAA Extension Tube Bundle Reviews

posted by cranphin on 07/09/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Bright, cheap, durable, well built, runs fine on AA batteries, runs fine on AA rechargables, can use 1 AA or high voltage battery for a tiny bright package, or 2 AA for longer lasting use. Compares quite well to my brothers Fenix L2D CE, especially in brightness which suprised me.
Cons:
Not a lot. Light is a lot blue/puprler then my brothers L2D CE, but for the price difference I'm not bothered about that. Didn't have the often mentioned problem with the plastic ring popping out. Can't stand it upright on it's back cause the buttons sticks out slightly.
Other:
Did some power measurements, all with fresh plain AA batteries: C3 1xAA 1.30 Amp. <-- This makes the battery go warm :) C3 2xAA 0.44 Amp. <-- Will last more then twice a single AA. Note that on 1 or 2 plain AA's, the brightness look almost the same. Probably cause of the regulating circuit. It just draws a lot more power out of a single AA :) For comparison, my brothers L2D: L2D 2xAA 1.40 Amp. - turbo L2D 2xAA 0.70 Amp. - normal L2D 2xAA 0.23 Amp. - low L2D 2xAA 0.06 Amp. - dim And brightness wise, I'd say the C3 is somewhere between normal and turbo on the L2D.
Bottomline:
For the price, get it! Especially with the extension tube it's a great buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections