DX  » Community » Reviews » Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knives Set (3-Pack)
Sort by:
40 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7530 (75%)
  • 4 Star:2510 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good sharp knives!

posted by Skublaka on 02/18/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    All the knives were very sharp and good sized (not to small not to big). For the quality you get the price is worth it. The handle has enough grip and is good to handle with.
    Cons:
    The box was damaged when it arrived, and after about a month the tip of the biggest knife came off but i should have been more ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ceramic Knives - Very good!

posted by LucasZanon on 11/11/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Wonderfull price. -Do not let metal taste in food. -It is sharp and the thread lasts longer than metal knives. -Is easy to handle. -I loved the packing, but it's a little fragile.
    Cons:
    -Breaks easily. -The price of a sharpener is not as accessible. -The packing is a little fragile, but very beautifull. -Took a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good set of knifes

posted by petriojk on 06/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very sharp, be carefull with these. Weighting is just suitable and three sizes will cover most of the needs for everyday kitchen use.
    Cons:
    Does not look sharp and dangerous. Not very good with tomato or similar veggies or bread as the blade does not have any tooths....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great ceramic starting knives

posted by Rodricity on 05/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The price, these are the best ceramic knives you'll find for this price, also they come in a nice black box wich makes these perfect for a gift. Did i mention that ceramica knives are sharper than regular steel knives? and that the sharpness last longer? Al...
    Cons:
    None so far, these knives are just great.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The case is its weakest point

posted by lucascvasc on 03/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Cheap and quite sharp knifes. My first set still cuts perfectly to this day. It looks expensive and makes a wonderful gift, despite of the case.
    Cons:
    The CASE. Crappy, crappy case. The first set I bought came with broken corners, this case came actually entirely broken.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool knives

posted by Taran2uls on 03/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    These as you have probably guessed are proper ceramic knives. They proved their sharpness when I tried to shave the hair from my arm, it was easy, I was going to try my face but I had proved the point to myself and suddenly had a premonition of standing in ...
    Cons:
    One of the knives had a little less sharpened tip, but it was still very sharp. I was messuring this towards the other knives i...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for veggies!

posted by Derfpa on 02/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The knifes are good size for various cutting, specially veggies. The handles are in a nice matte material and looks quite fancy.
    Cons:
    The edge is really not as sharp as i expected. My old metal-knifes is sharper than these when i sharpened them myself. Also the...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ceramic Knifes

posted by georgikom on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Extreme sharpness, the grip is with nice covering easy to handle. Different sizes for different purpouses. Very useful for soft things like tomatoes, soft bread and etc… Easy slicing even for soft things No metal taste after cutting.
    Cons:
    Wooden box was with broken cover and look cheap compared with blades. Too much carefulness is needed when you cut and cleaning...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice set

posted by Alexxandar on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Knives are light weight, combination of black and white is pleasant. And the grip is firm, it doesn't slip out. Also they are very sharp.
    Cons:
    They are not regular knives, so if you're cutting something with bones or nuts be very careful and cut slowly, where a metal kn...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great knives, crappy case

posted by lucascvasc on 01/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The knives are perfect, they're exactly what I'd expected from them, this means they're not the most sharp ceramic knives ever, but are still way sharper then reasonable priced steel knives. They coasted me less then BRL60, and similar kits won't coast less...
    Cons:
    The case's quality is pretty poor. It already had damaged edges and the inside material was a little thorn when I received the ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections