DX  » Community » Reviews » Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knives + Peeler Set (3-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
There is a superfluous element in this set! – Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knives + Peeler Set (3-Pack) Reviews

posted by Dimshu on 03/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Excellent and very cheap set of knifes! The complete set has come in a fine gift box, can be used as a good gift. Both knifes have fine ergonomics, handles are great enough for a man's hand, don't slide. Knifes massive, therefore to cut very conveniently. Sharpening and a sharpness of edges allow to cut almost any product, except bones and the frozen meat though I prepared "stroganina" - a national dish from shavings of the frozen venison.
Cons:
- peeler. In my opinion, it is absolutely unsuitable thing. Because of manufacturing techniques of ceramic edges it is impossible to make acute-angled enough sharpening of a cutting edge, therefore vegetables it is very difficult to clean, it is necessary to put the big effort. Peeler is not used. - I have ordered three sets, visually and by touching in each of three sets processing of edges of knifes differs, though on quality are sharp it doesn't influence. I think that it too manufacturing techniques consequence. - The box is stuck together from the pressed cardboard, at transportation one of three has been crushed by diligence local postmans, but has been stuck successfully together.
Other:
Bottomline:
Very useful set, behind an exception peeler. Must have!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections