DX  » Community » Reviews » 7" Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knife (17.7CM-Blade)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Good knife for this price, but not very sharp... – 7" Chic Chefs Horizontal Ceramic Knife (17.7CM-Blade) Reviews

posted by Sprite_tm on 05/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
DX sent the knife well-packaged: not only was it stll in its original packaging, the DX staff actually wrapped an extra layer of bubble foam around it. The knife itself looks really good; black with a nice matte black handle. It fits in my hand perfectly and feels fairly balanced. Chopping stuff like vegetables works OK...
Cons:
...but the knife is not very sharp, so slicing stuff like meat isn't too easy. I may be a bit spoiled by the other knifes I have here (J. A. Henckels stuff) but they are fairly old, need to be re-sharpened, and still manage to be sharper than this brand new knife.
Other:
My knife arrives with a small chip off the blade at the base of the knife. Nothing I want to send it back for, but you may want to take a good look at yours as soon as you unpack it and inspect it for damage.
Bottomline:
It's OK to have one to do some chopping, but it's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you excuse the pun.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections