Sort by:
23 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7016 (70%)
  • 4 Star:225 (22%)
  • 3 Star:92 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice but not as shown, it works

posted by henriton on 06/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    * it worked * has a PL2032 USB/RS-232 converter * works with old Nokia phones * could be used for other purposes (serial interfacing) * Easy to disassemble * the Nokia connector fits well
    Cons:
    * plastic is a little cheap * not as pictured ( got one without the Nokia logo) * not a genuine PL2032 chip * might actually be...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great cable if you want to repurpose it as an Arduino upload cable

posted by anistor78 on 05/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Let's face it, you no longer own an old Nokia phone and you are just buying this cable because it's so easy to convert it into an Arduino usb-serial cable. The build quality is good but most importantly the case can be easily opened without destroying it an...
    Cons:
    None for the purpose I'm using this cable. I have also tried this with an old Nokia phone and it worked well.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Did´nt last so long

posted by runilagabo on 11/20/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Have bought one of these. Worked wery good for almost a year. Then it suddenly did´nt work anymore. Is wery easy to install. And have used it a lot For my old Nokia 3232. Maby I should try to by one more of these, cause they are so cheap. The origi...
    Cons:
    It did´nt last so long, But dont know, what to expect at this price...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good deal for Seagate HDD fix!

posted by redpyll on 11/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The cable is inexpensive, and build quality seems okay.
    Cons:
    -Could not find drivers to work in Win7, just use WinXP! I tried for many hours, following other peoples suggestions of driver...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A winner

posted by emolfi2 on 08/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * Works well for my application despite being sent this cable http://www.dealextreme.com/p/45715 instead of which I ordered http://www.dealextreme.com/p/446 but internally according the photos of other user seems exactly the same. * It's cheap and arrived f...
    Cons:
    * These aren't really cons since for the intended phone application may be perfect. * Doesn't have eeprom so the SerialNumber=0...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic

posted by tgerrie on 07/11/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    * Cheap! * Works fine on Windows XP * Makes a great USB > 3.3v LV-TTL cable for interfacing with various serial ports
    Cons:
    * Drivers don't seem to work on Windows 7, Could not find any that would, error "This device cannot start" * Build quality not...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Used for Seagate 7200.11 fix

posted by Canafly on 04/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I used this to fix a dead Seagate drive. Worked flawlessly. using the Ark Pioneer driver. As a serial data device for programmers, its great. didn't require the extra fiddling with external power like the original nokia cables.
    Cons:
    None i could find.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very GOOD, no problems!

posted by jeancar on 02/24/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good build quality it works perfectly. the drivers are in the disc. It's the cheaper cable that I know, you won't find a cheaper cable Nice cable for sync data, contact, pictures, etc. I buy it to make a USB to SERIAL converter, just cut the nokia jack ...
    Cons:
    No one for me, but you have to know hoe installed an how it works.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Perfectly

posted by JohnBlack on 09/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Build quality = good It doesn't have the nokia sticker but it works perfectly. Just install the drivers from the disc and you're all sett. Price = good You won't find a cheaper cable Length = good The cable is 98cm long. Most people probably won't need...
    Cons:
    Nothing really. the product works exactly as advertised.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy it if you need it

posted by Subunaator on 08/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It definately works and that is what I wanted from it. Build quality is not as good as the original and, unlike in the pictures it does not have Nokia stickered on it, but its still good - much cheaper than the original while still gets the job done
    Cons:
    Build quality is average. The plastic looks cheap and rough and it does not have the Nokia sticker on it as shown on the offici...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections