DX  » Community » Reviews » 300K Pixel Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder with SD Card Slot/TV-Out/Timestamp
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Not bad for the money.... – 300K Pixel Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder with SD Card Slot/TV-Out/Timestamp Reviews

posted by Doody1983 on 04/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Start automatically, seems to record over the oldest files on the card - but more time will tell. I modified my mount so it would sit more flush, but the suction mount does seem to hold well, once you get it on there. The cam is very light though so even if it falls, it probably won't hurt it. Resolution is okay for general video, but it is hard to read licenses plates even if parked in front of you. It's small size also makes it hard to notice and puts it out of the way up near the top of the windscreen.
Cons:
It's a little cheap.... the mount is probably where it would break, I reinforced mine with some extra plastic and glue to be safe. It is hard to aim because it doesn't have a screen, but just bring your laptop out to the car and take a few sets of videos with it aimed in different places to get the best view. It doesn't have the widest angle. The QVGA button activates the laser for aiming, but it isn't that usable...
Other:
Bottomline:
If you are looking for a small sized camera to get the job done as a simple video logger, this would be a good buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections